Webinar: Steve Dalton on why do you want to work here
DATE: Thursday 4 November 2021
TIME: 19:00-20:00 Paris time
Throughout the recruitment process, and in every job interview, you run into “Why?” questions: Why this industry? This company? This role? Most of us struggle to answer well, leaving recruiters unsure about our fit and motivation.
In this webinar, Steve Dalton (author of The 2-Hour Job Search and more recently The Job Closer) explains why these innocuous “Why?” questions matter so much, why normal “low content” responses don’t work and how to answer in a way that reassures your interviewer and distinguishes you from other candidates.
Steve’s RAC formula (Reason-Anecdote-Connection) allows you to use Why questions to your advantage by telling a unique story that connects you to a potential employer.
In this webinar, we will take a deep dive into this formula (bonus – it also works great for cover letters) and discuss:
- How many reasons to give, what to focus on and how long to talk;
- The three characteristics of a good answer to a why question (hint: think authentic, specific, informed);
- How to make a great impression without selling yourself or being phony;
- How to generate a great long list of reasons to use for Why questions;
- How to answer with stories which are memorable and persuasive.
Unlimited access for Audencia students and alumni
All Audencia alumni and students now have unlimited access to the portal which includes:
- Advice on, job-hunting and interviewing, international and portfolio careers and how to be a better boss
- Videos optimised for mobiles and tablets
- Unlimited – free online access to all Audencia students and alumni