Webinar: Why some people have great networks and some don't
In this panel webinar Professor Jeffrey Pfeffer (Stanford Graduate School of Business) and bestselling author Dorie Clark will explore what great networkers do to build and maintain their professional connections and how we can all be more strategic about our networking efforts.
Doing more with less
What sets great networkers apart is not activity or effort (though they do work on their networks). Instead, the best networkers take a more strategic - and more consistent - approach to building relationships.
In this webinar we will look at:
- Why “working the room” is one of the least important networking skills
- Five networking habits that build ongoing relationships
- How great networkers seek out opportunities to help andknow what they have to give
- Why you should look out for interactions that are not happening
- Why sometimes a smaller but more trusted network is better
We will also discuss some of the mistakes and missteps that harm relationships and networks:
- The five most disliked networking behaviours
- Three signs to tell you when you are doing the wrong thing
- Strategies to be more selective, and get more out of, the networking you do
We have free tickets for member alumni and students here:
on Wednesday 15 May
About Jeffrey Pfeffer
Jeffrey Pfeffer is the Thomas D. Dee II Professor of Organisational Behaviour at Stanford's Graduate School of Business where he has taught since 1979. He is the author or co-author of 14 books and more than 150 articles and book chapters, for which he has won numerous awards. His current research focuses on the relationship between time and money, power and leadership in organisations, economics language and assumptions and their effects on management practice, how social science theories become self-fulfilling, barriers to turning knowledge into action and how to overcome them, and evidence-based management and what it is, barriers to its use, and how to implement it.
About Dorie Clark
Dorie Clark is an Adjunct Professor of Business Administration at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business and the author of Reinventing You and Stand Out, which was named the #1 Leadership Book of 2015 by Inc. magazine and was a Washington Post bestseller.
A former presidential campaign spokeswoman, the New York Times described her as an “expert at self-reinvention and helping others make changes in their lives.” She is a frequent contributor to the Harvard Business Review, TIME, and Entrepreneur. and is a marketing strategy consultant and speaker for Google, Microsoft, Yale University, Fidelity, the US State Department, and the World Bank. Learn more at www.dorieclark.com.
What you get from the webinar
All participants receive:
- Access to the webinar and the chance to ask questions live
- Video recording for download after the event
- Access to bonus materials resource pack
Datemercredi 15 mai 2019 de 13:00 à 14:15
Date limite d'inscriptionmercredi 15 mai 2019 13:00
Communautés liéesClub Audencia Abroad
Club Marketing & Digital
Canada Chapter - Montreal
Audencia Bachelor Network
Club Management & RH
Club Audencia in Tech
Chile Chapter - Santiago de Chile
Belgium Chapter - Brussels
Cambodia Chapter - Phnom Penh
Australia Chapter - Sydney
China Chapter - Beijing