Webinar: Daniel Porot on valuing past experiences
Whether applying for a job, writing a CV, or negotiating with an employer, we need to understand and communicate what differentiates us. The key to clarifying our distinctiveness is to properly value our past experiences and achievements. In this webinar, Daniel Porot will explain how to audit our career history, identify our ultimate skills and achievements, and describe them concisely and compellingly to employers.
Daniel will start by outlining a method we can each use to inventory our career history and quickly capture relevant achievements. In particular we will discuss:
- Different ways to jog your memory and quickly capture your career history
- Which elements of your past to choose (and which to ignore)
- How to focus stories into to a single concise statement (a “flash achievement”)
- How to quantify achievements which "can’t be quantified"
- How to talk about your individual role in large projects or teams.
Once you have a portfolio of flash achievements we will explore some of the ways you can use them in your career, including:
- To create more effective CVs, speculative approaches and online profiles
- to convince interviewers you are the ideal candidate
- To negotiate salary or raises
- To negotiate your annual bonus
- To excel in annual reviews and assessments.
All participants receive
Everyone who registers for this event will receive:
- Access to the webinar and the chance to ask questions live
- Catch-up recording of the webinar
- A bonus materials resource pack including slides and support materials
Event times around the world are here.