Audencia's Career Center and Alumni teams are delighted to to bring you “Go France!”, the guide to working in France.Following the success of the first guide in 2019, this new updated edition revisits advice from HR professionals, input from intercultural experts and shares yet more experiences of working in France for internationals. Alumni say they choose France for its corporate culture and impact-driven working environment but also for its croissants!
“Go France!” is a valuable resource for students staying in France after their studies at Audencia.
This week, discover what Amin Valizadeh from Iran has to say.
- GRADUATED FROM THE MSC IM PROGRAMME IN 2020
- FROM IRAN
- CURRENT POSITION CO-FOUNDER AT FABRIKFRANCE IN NANTES
- NATIVE LANGUAGE PERSIAN
- DAILY WORKING LANGUAGES FRENCH
- OTHER LANGUAGES SPOKEN ENGLISH
- FRENCH LEVEL ADVANCED (B2/C1)
- LIVING IN FRANCE SINCE 2018
Amin's key message: “Learn French, learn French, learn French!"
My biggest challenge
Learning every day about paperwork and administrative processes.
Myths & realities
- MYTH That as foreigner and new graduate it is impossible to start a company.
- REALITY Knowing French is important and can make big difference to your career.
My advice & top tips
Work hard, stay focused, learn every day and do not lose faith in the face of difficulties.
Quirky & cultural
French know-how is more well known in other countries than in France itself. The difference in lifestyles between people of different generations shocked me and I have tried to communicate with different people from different generations to understand the culture and their differences.
Don’t be stressed. Everything will be fine as long as you work hard. Have faith.